The Branding for Creatives event was superb and creatives from different arts came together to learn how they could create the right name for themselves. At the event, Regina Re who an Effective Communicator Coach running a training program called P.E.P.P Talk taught us how to conduct a brand self-test. In case you missed it, read about it here.
To do a personal brand self-test, you first begin by answering the following questions;
- What is your strongest personality characteristic or phrases that can be used to define who you are? This should be three strong words that best describe who you are. For example, Regina Re is fun, fabulous and fierce.
- For what ability, skill are you best known for? Think of your most common compliments and write them down. You can start like this; People tell me I… For Regina Re, people told her that she could speak well.
- How would you describe your personal style? This is simply describing your preferences, example: I am afro-centric, environment-friendly, colorful, classy or laid back.
The personal assessment is just one side of the see-saw, for a true picture, you also need to conduct a survey to understand if your reality is everyone else’s perception. While doing this, seek for honest and concise feedback. Ask the following;
- What do you see as the dominant aspects of my personality?
- What moral principle or value do you most associate with me?
- What skill/ability/talent comes to mind when you think of me?
- How would you describe me to others who have never meet me?
- What is my lifestyle?
Doing this exercise will help you know what people think of you when they think of you.
Subscribe to the blog for more great content for creatives.
Regina Re Gitao runs a program called P.E.P.P talk that focuses on Public Speaking, Presentation & Performance, Etiquette Enhancement, Personal Branding and Personality Profiling. For more information get in touch with her through the email email@example.com or calling her on +254722 563 432